Kinchafoonee Primary School
- 295 Leslie Highway
- Leesburg, GA 31763 (map)
- Office Hours: 7:45am - 3:45pm
- Principal:Dr. Trina Muse
Provide a solid foundation for lifelong learning.
- Approximate number of Students:
- Kindergarten: 225
- 1st Grade: 225
- 2nd Grade: 225
- Number of teachers: ~50
- Number of classrooms: 54
- Amenities:Outdoor Classroom
- The teachers and staff at KPS are the best! We all work together to make sure each student is achieving his or her best! We are a great team! KPS is devoted to making a fun, safe, and exciting learning environment for all of our students. We won the Bronze Award from the State Department of Education for our achievement on the CRCT for 2 consecutive years (2009, 2010). We are so proud of all of our students’ and teachers’ accomplishments!!
- Year school opened:1996
- The land used to be a working plantation. The owners of the plantation are buried in a small cemetery right behind the school. Dudley Sneed was the owner. He was also on the first Board of Education for the first school in Lee County.
- Kinchafoonee Primary School opened in December of 1996 and originally schooled pre-K through 3rd grades. Now it houses Kindergarten through 2nd grade. In the 2006-2007 school year, KPS built a new wing for the 2nd graders. They moved in for the 2007-2008 school year.