Coach Tanner and Coach Lanier are looking forward to an another great year in Physical Education and KPS. Physical Education will prove to be an integral part in our student’s physical, emotional, and cognitive development. We take pride in our program and are committed to giving our students the best instruction possible. Our goal is to develop and improve student’s personal fitness and motor skills by providing developmentally appropriate activities through purposeful, creative and enjoyable instruction.
KPS PE Expectations
- S – Stay safe
- T – Try your best and encourage others
- A – Always follow the rules
- R – Respect others and equipment
Appropriate Dress for Safety
- Wear flat bottom shoes…preferably athletic shoes – tennis shoes.
- Wear shorts under skirts and dresses.
- Please continue to work on shoe tying skills with your child.
Illnesses and Injuries
- Please send a note with a description regarding the restriction of your child’s activity.
- Fun Fall Day 10-24-19 Students only.
- PE Extravaganza 5-7-20 Parents are welcome to attend.
KPS Walk/Run Club
This program will begin each October, and we are excited to start our 7th year. Students will have the opportunity to walk/run during certain PE classes, after school family wellness events, and by participating in official one mile, 5K… races in the community. If your child participates in an official race, please send in or email (email@example.com) a picture of the bib number or a picture of your child at the race including the name and date of the event. We will recognize and count any event beginning 8/1/2019 forward. Students will receive a necklace and mileage club tokens for every 5 miles completed. Students that reach 26.2 miles by May 13th will be invited along with their parents to a mileage club breakfast to honor their accomplishment. Each child that qualifies for the marathon club will receive a t-shirt and medal.
Walk/Run Family Wellness events – upcoming dates are posted. Additional dates will be posted at a later date. Walk/Run Family Wellness Events will take place in the KPS bus parking lot. Students and families may come anytime between 4:00 – 5:30. Parents must attend with their children. THIS IS NOT A DROP OFF PROGRAM. Extended day students will attend with extended day workers.
- Tuesday 10-17-19 – 4:00 – 5:30
- Monday 11-12-19 – 4:00 – 5:30