Mrs. Blake Reeves
We welcome you back to an exciting school year! Thank you for completing and returning Residency Certificates and power bills! I also want to remind you attendance is key to your child’s academic success. When your child is absent, please send in an excuse (doctor’s or written) upon their return. Also, please understand after 5 absences, you will receive an attendance letter, regardless if the absences are excused or unexcused. This is to remind you the number of days he/she misses affects their academic success. Any questions, feel free to contact me at 903-2220. Our main focus of the school counseling program at LCES is helping our students find success in school by:
- Helping develop positive attitudes among students towards self, family, and community.
- Counseling with students individually and in groups to understand and appreciate their unique qualities and to grow personally and socially.
- Supporting students by teaching skills for achieving success.
- Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as making healthy decisions, resolving conflicts, and respecting others.
- Assisting students to become invested in their school success by showing them how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with students, parents, and teachers to identify and remove barriers that may impede student achievement.
Students have many opportunities throughout the year to be involved in positive learning situations that are coordinated through the school counseling program at LCES. Some of the programs that I coordinate include:
- Individual Counseling
- Small Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance
- Career Day
- Red Ribbon Week
- RTI/SST/504 Coordinator
- PBS Coach
- Character Education
- Awards Day
We want our students to have a positive educational experience in order to experience success at learning. Please let us know what we can do to help your child.