The Transitional Learning Center (TLC) is the alternative educational program serving the Lee County School System. It is a non-traditional program with traditional educational goals staffed by professionals dedicated to promoting academic success and strong personal relationships. The program serves middle and high school students who:
- Are at risk of dropping out of school.
- Are habitually tardy or absent from school
- Experience poor academic achievement.
- Prefer a nontraditional learning environment.
- Have been through a tribunal or are returning to school from the Department of Juvenile Justice.
The TLC offers a classroom setting with a teacher student ration of 1/15. Courses are available through an online curriculum, which are closely aligned with the Georgia Performance Standards and are supplemented with additional projects and activities; small group instruction, as well as individual instruction.