323 Leslie Highway
Leesburg, GA 31763
Lee County Schools Bus Route Information Pre K through 5th Grade 2021-2022.
Lee County Schools Bus Route Information Grades 6 through 12th Grade 2021-2022.
Track your child's bus route
Our buses travel 3,000 miles each day safely transporting our students to and from school. The Lee County School System’s Transportation Office can assist you with information regarding bus transportation. Feel free to contact us anytime at (229) 903-2212.
Riding the school bus is a privilege. Improper conduct on the bus can result in the privilege being denied. Bus transportation rules are simple and easy for Lee County's students to follow. They are designed to help the driver keep a safe an orderly bus and to help a student understand his/her responsibility as a passenger on the school bus.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What to do if my child's bus is late?
- A. Wait at the stop. If the bus is more than 5 minutes late call the transportation department (903-2212) for the location of the bus.
- Q. What if my child does not get off the bus?
- A. Call the transportation department (903-2212). And we will contact the driver by radio to verify that the child is on the bus.
- Q. If the bus schedule says my bus should arrive at 3:45 and it is late what does this mean? What should a parent do?
- A. It could possibly be due to a mechanical issue or that the bus is being driven by someone other than the regular driver. Continue to wait at the stop and call the transportation department (903-2212) for the approximate arrival time.
- Students shall obey the driver willingly and promptly. The driver is in full charge of the bus and students.
- The driver has the right to assign seats as he/she deems necessary.
- Students are to help keep their bus clean by not throwing trash on the floor. Students shall not throw any object out the windows.
- No student shall at any time extend his head, hands, arms or any part of his body out the window.
- Any damages done to bus or equipment must be paid by that individual.
- No soft drink bottles or cans, knives, sharp objects, or any object that might endanger another student can be brought onto the bus at any time.
- Students must ride the bus on which they have been assigned.
- Students should remain seated and should face the front of the bus at all times.
- No food or drinks are permitted to be consumed on the bus.
- Students shall behave in an appropriate and orderly manner.
Please discuss these bus responsibilities with your child:
- To follow the bus driver’s directions the first time they are given.
- To take assigned seat when you board the bus and remain there with your legs and feet out of the aisle
- To keep your hands, feet and your personal belongings to yourself and inside the bus at all times.
- To speak softly when talking to others.
- To be silent at railroad crossings.
- To refrain from eating/drinking on the bus.
- To follow all rules and drivers instructions to maintain a safe school bus.
- To make every effort to keep the bus safe and orderly.
- To work with the student(s) on understanding and obeying the bus rules.
- To notify parents of bus misbehavior.
- To notify the school administrator if misbehavior continues.
- To notify the school administrator of severe misbehavior continues.
- To notify the school administrator of sever misbehavior and/or emergency situations
- To assist the driver with the safety and protection of the children on the buses.
- To communicate with parents about unacceptable conduct on the bus.
- To enforce consequences by the offense (which may include, but not limited to) Bus Consequences